Employer One Stop Services — A one stop information source for starting a business in New Mexico including information on free seminars.
New Business Checklist — A checklist for starting a new business in New Mexico is provided by New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions.
- Rio Rancho Business License — All persons engaging in business in Rio Rancho must register with the City.
- New Mexico Public Regulation Commission — The Corporations Bureau issues certificates of incorporation for New Mexico.
- New Mexico Regulation & Licensing Department — Handles the licensing and regulation of thirty-five separate industries and professions in New Mexico.
- New Mexico Secretary of State — All partnerships and any trade and service marks must be registered with the secretary of state.
- Internal Revenue Service — Information on obtaining an employer ID number and other federal tax information.
- State of New Mexico Taxation and Revenue — Information on obtaining a state business tax identification number and other state tax information.
- United States Department of Labor — Information and services provided by the USDOL
- New Mexico Workers’ Compensation Administration — Most businesses are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance and to display appropriate signage.
- Unemployment Insurance — All entities engaged in business in New Mexico must obtain an employer account number for unemployment insurance purposes. Fill out the ES-802 form.
- United States Small Business Administration — Provides information on starting a small business including financing options.
- New Mexico Small Business Development Center Network — Information on starting a small business in New Mexico.